INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2020 FARM CRAWL SEASON
Under the guidelines of the Province Of Ontario and the City Of Hamilton’s Public Health department, measures have been implemented on each farm to ensure a safe Farm Crawl Hamilton experience.
1. Farms will be following Infection Prevention and Control Practices (IPAC), available on the public health website.
2. Social distancing of 2 meters (6 feet) is required and will be monitored by farms. We are limiting ticket purchases to 300 in order to maintain social distancing.
3. Each farm has a different capacity. This means you may have to wait in your car or move on to the next farm if capacity has been reached. With limited ticket sales, we hope to avoid this.
4. Signage of regulations will be clear and visible at the entrance, with reminders throughout the farm as necessary.
5. Hand sanitizing stations will be made available at all farms.
6. All activities will be outside unless the farm has indoor sales operations. So please dress appropriately and don't forget sunscreen!
7. Masks must be worn in all indoor spaces.
8. Please refrain from bringing your dogs to the farms, with the exception of working service dogs.
Thank you for supporting our local farms and we look forward to seeing you on July 11th!
In 2011, the owners of Manorun Organic Farm, Weir’s Lane Lavender & Apiary, and Jerry’s Berries (aka Lotsa Hostas) got together to brainstorm about a fun way to open up farms and to share their experiences with the public. Thus, was the start of Farm Crawl Hamilton!
Early in May 2012 these farms opened their doors to a crowd of around 60. In 2013, the crawl was expanded to include a couple of other farms and since then we’ve continued to expand the crawl to include farms that are located across Hamilton.
Farm Crawl Hamilton is a non-profit organization run by the folks from the original three farms. An event run by farmers to ensure you enjoy a genuine experience. Ticket sales cover the costs of marketing, operating, and managing farm crawl. We look forward to seeing old friends every year and making new ones at this year’s farm crawl!
Farm Crawl 101
Farm Crawl is an opportunity to get an inside look at the operations of many of our farms in Hamilton and the surrounding area. Wondering how to crawl? Here's how:
You choose which farms to visit
Choose the order in which you want visit the farms (use map below)
Present your tickets at the first farm....start crawling!
Enjoy each farm's crawl day events
For any other questions - visit our Frequently Asked Questions page